So time to get honest here. It is my job when I go to work to have great hair and great makeup. Would you want to come in and have someone make you look beautiful who looks like they just rolled out of bed? Me either!
Now thankfully I do not go to work everyday because I don't think I could be fully made up everyday. Some days are filled with 2 year old boys being taken to play groups, Costco, unclean hair in ponytails and yelling "get that out of your mouth" and "Don't hit your brother"! But because I also run into people who are clients once again I don't want to look complete sweat pants mama, which is what I look like at home!
I have found though a way to try and make a happy medium. I am deeming it them the 2 minute mommy makeover, the 5 minute mommy makeover and the time intensive 10 minute whooping it up mommy makeover.
Here is the before and after pictures of the 2 minute and the products I used. I will be trying to make a YouTube tutorial too so you can see me in my crazy rushing ritual!
From right to left is what I carry in my bag, now I have more than you might feel you need but because of my oily eyelids I have to have primer and I carry the concealer because sometimes I have glad freezer bags under my eyes, full of coffee grounds I swear!
1. Sample size Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion. I received this in a palette from UD I think but have it in full size as well. Now when you see the price do not stop breathing! It is worth every single dollar you pay, and really it's only 20 bucks. It's a pretty big industry staple among many make up artists and keeps your eye makeup where it belongs, not on your knees.
2. Blush brush..obviously. This originally came from a Bare Escentuals kit I think it is this Flawless Face brush but I like it as a blush brush. Also good for blending out an eyeshadow that might have been put on too haphazardly.
3. Mary Kay concealer in shade Beige 1. I like this one because it is liquid but I don't feel like it accentuates the lines around my eyes. Hey! I've earned those as I'm sure if you have them so have you.
4. Mary Kay Ultimate Mascara. I usually have to wear waterproof which this is not but it doesn't irritate my eyes like other non waterproof do.
5. Be a Bombshell eyeliner pen...it's got a big tip that comes to a fine point. This was in a ipsy bag as well and it will be a repurchase because it is a must have for me!
6. Moxie lipgloss by Bare Escentuals Another ipsy score!
7. Mary Kay highlighter powder, comes with a light blush and highlighter in one. I use this as a blush and an eyeshadow. Great double duty!
Just a shot of my makeup bag next to something to help you see the size ratio. I could actually fit double what I showed in this post though
So that's it I think! Please feel free to email me, comment here, Facebook or Twitter me with any questions or comments. There are cute little buttons at the top of the page here to access those. I welcome suggestions on what you'd like to see too!
Thank you for taking your time to read my blog I really appreciate all my readers.
Now go enjoy the day, Little man sure is!
what's this for?
I find so many things I love out on The Internet and I want a place to share it. Trends, tips, and hopefully some fun stuff too!